Vlad Dascalu's Supercaliber Trek in detail
One of the great novelties of the XCO 2020 World Cup will be to see Vlad Dascalu make his debut in the elite category. This season he will compete with the renowned Trek Pirelli and we have already seen his new mountain bike, a Trek Supercaliber with a very particular assembly.
Vlad Dascalu's Supercaliber Trek for 2020
In 2019, the Romanian cyclist went from being a promising young cyclist to a top 10 in the UCI ranking. But to achieve this goal he had to sweep the under-23 category, winning the European Championship, World Championship and the World Cup.
Pirelli has entered this year as a co-sponsor and this has been noticed both in the tyres and in the yellow and black colours of the set.
In 2020, Dascalu will compete in the Trek Pirelli team, a structure focused on the XCM that this year has made a great bet on the XCO with the signing of Vlad.
The internal wiring system along with the electronic gearbox leave the front end practically cable free.
Its main mount will be the Trek Supercaliber, one of the most special mountain bikes of the moment and the most specific for XCO in full suspension because of its Isotrust shock of only 60 mm. One of Vlad's strong points is the refined technique he has on the bike both uphill and downhill, which will help him to get the most out of this mountain bike.
The Fox fork and shock, both with Kashima coating, have been adjusted by the Andreani Group which has included the Pro Impact system
The PowerBox FSA chuck integrates the potentiometer, the connecting rods are 170mm.
The pedals chosen by Vlad are the Candy 11 model from Crank Brothers, which have more platform than the minimalist Egg Beaters 11.
Fizik is present in the saddle and shoes of the Trek Pirelli team.
The SRAM AXS XX1 rear derailleur with the cassette Ingrid de 12v 10-48t is a perfect combination.
The Magura MT8 offers powerful braking at a very low weight.
The ENVE M525 carbon wheels are mounted with Industry Nine hubs and, of course, with Pirelli tyres.
Assembly of Vlad Dascalu's Supercaliber Trek
- Frame: Trek Supercaliber OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame and stays, IsoStrut, tapered head tube, Knock Block, Control Freak internal routing, Boost148, 60 mm travel
- Fork: Fox Factory 32 Step-Cast, Float EVOL air spring provided by Fox with the tuning by Andreani Group with their Pro Impact system
- Shock: Trek IsoStrut, Fox Factory shock, air spring also provided by Fox with the tuning by Andreani Group with their Pro Impact system
- Seat Post: FSA K-Force
- Carbon Handlebar: FSA K-Force 720mm
- Stem: FSA K-Force 100mm
- Seat: Fizik Tundra
- Rear derailleur: SRAM Eagle AXS XX1 wireless
- Cassette and chain: Ingrid 12v 10-48t
- Crankset: 36t FSA Powerbox
- Bielas: FSA Powerbox 170mm
- Brakes: Magura MT8
- Pedals: Crank Brothers Candy 11
- Wheels: ENVE M525 with hubs Industry Nine
- Tires: Pirelli Scorpion
- Grips: ESI Grips Fit XC
There is no doubt that the new Trek Supercaliber by Vlad Dascalu is far from conventional set-ups. What do you think of the new bike of the current U23 World Champion? We read you on our social networks.